I have to admit it; I am a sucker for infographics. If you are just getting started with infographics, I highly recommend playing with Wordle. Its simple to use and lots of fun. You can customize the colors so that it works with your brand, and no getting in trouble with the logo police. Best of all, you don’t have to be a designer to create professional looking word clouds.
Here are the steps to get you started:
- Open text edit
- Start adding words you would like to see in a chart (obviously I did mine on marketing). Tip: if you want to feature a certain word repeat it several times.
- Go to Wordle.
- Click the “Create Your Own” button.
- Paste your text into the box
- Click “Go”.
- Now its time to have fun, play with the Language, Font, Colors, Layout
- TIP: If you like something, save a copy to your desktop before you go to crazy
- To save a copy:
- Click on “Print.”
- When the Print Window opens, select PDF.
- Name and save.
I love this idea for an image for a blog or twitter post. Have fun!