LinkedIn now has more than 100 million members. If you want to network with serious decision makers then LinkedIn provides the appropriate channel. So how do you use LinkedIn to network and how do you generate business opportunities? We’ve pulled together some easy to implement tips to assist you in tapping into LinkedIn to create new connections; strengthen existing relationships and position your company as a thought leader.
Create a LinkedIn Company Page (if you have not already).
Here are some tips to keep the traffic coming to your company page once it’s created. Be sure to monitor your page daily.
- Keep your Company page up-to-date with the latest information including:
- Products/Service: Use Images & videos next to product descriptions
- List all your products and services
- Get customers to add recommendations
- Offers: Place a promo in this box
- Add links, share video to drive viral engagement and tell people what action you want them to take on your update (so specifically call out that you’d want viewers to like, share and/or comment on your discussion).”
- Monitor the page daily for any comments/posts and respond back
- Add regular updates to the Company Page, these could include:
- Interesting Blog content
- Webcasts that are thought leadership based
- PR announcements
- Upcoming events
- Fun posts of company events
- Insider Tip of the Week
- Industry Articles
- User Buffer or Hubspot to schedule content to be pushed out to ensure you have a regular flow of content.
Join Relevant LinkedIn Groups:
Monitor these groups daily to see when you offer advice, tips, etc. The idea here is to be a trusted advisor DO NOT sell.
- Monitor groups for discussions that make sense for your company
- Being seen as a thought leader will encourage group members to engage you
- Start discussion in each group
- Provide genuine advice/ feedback
- Participate in discussions, ask questions, make connections
Create a Company Group
Another great way to get your name out there is to start a group around your company.
- Use to demonstrate thought leadership
- Encourage customer to use the forum
- Find someone to monitor
- Create Polls and discussions to increase interaction
- Invite partners, prospects and customers to join
Follow Competitive Site
Don’t just follow your customers; keep abreast of what your competitors are doing by following them as well.
- Keeps us updated on the latest and greatest news they are sharing
- Keeps us updated on job openings and new hires
Create an exclusive customer group
Use this as a forum for the customers to interact. Keep it exclusive and invite only. It will provide your customers with a place where they can share experiences, tips, etc. Encourage them to share:
- What they’ve learned by using your service with each other.
- Ideas on how to improve your product can surface
- It can also be a great way to convert a strong lead into a paying customer.
Other Things to Do:
- Post in the morning for best reach (check out this great article on posting times)
- Add links
- Encourage Employees to beef up their profiles & connect with each other –
- Add LinkedIn button to the website